Twelve special awards were given out at the real estate giant’s recent 15th anniversary convention.
To mark RE/MAX Malta’s 15th anniversary, co-founders Kevin and Jeffrey Buttigieg – the company’s Chairman and COO respectively – paid tribute to key individuals that have played an important role in its history by presenting them with special awards in honour of their outstanding contribution.
Awards were given to the following individuals:
- Joseph P Theuma was RE/MAX Malta’s first employee, and still holds the same position as company general manager to-date. Mr Theuma has been instrumental in structuring the company’s policies and procedures, and has been an important figurehead and influence in the management of growth within the company.
- Edward Agius was RE/MAX Malta’s first letting associate when he joined the company in 2000 (when it was still operating as JK Properties) and rose through the ranks to become its overall Regional Lettings Manager. Over his 19-year tenancy, Mr Agius has grown the lettings team to over 60 people and has been announced as a partner for the recently-launched RE/MAX Lettings franchise.
- Kevin Deguara originally joined JK Properties and the local lettings industry in 2000, and then became a sales agent when RE/MAX Malta started to offer sales services. He later became a sales manager, before becoming a franchise owner for an office in Ta’ Xbiex.
- Michael Galea – a businessman from Gozo – originally approached the Buttigieg brothers in 2005 and became the company’s first franchise owner. He opened the Gozo office in Victoria, and later opened a second office in Mgarr, Gozo, before also becoming a co-franchise owner for a RE/MAX office in St Julian’s.
- Michael Bonello is a multi-co-franchise owner, and was the first sales associate to join the company in 2004. Mr Bonello initially began a partnership with the co-founders in 2007, and eventually became sole partner of his first office in Tigne, and went on to open a number of offices around Malta.
- James Busutil became a franchise owner in 2007 and has since been influential in building new systems within the company. As one of the early trainers of the company, Mr Busutil has consistently shown his passion for developing RE/MAX and changing the industry.
- Paul Sammut opened his first office in San Gwann in 2007 and was also instrumental in opening a RE/MAX office in Mosta as a co-franchise owner.
- Gordon Valentino became a franchise owner in 2011, and took over management of the office in Tigne Street, Sliema, and has been influential over the years, also becoming a partner in other RE/MAX offices.
- Paul Vincenti originally met RE/MAX Malta’s co-founders outside a local hotel and offered them a free training session. That session turned into a 12-year relationship, through which Mr Vincenti has been instrumental in training countless members of the RE/MAX team as the company’s regional trainer.
- Mauro Sammut joined RE/MAX in 2010, and instantly showed his drive to succeed in the industry. He opened his first office – which was dedicated to the luxury market and soon became the top-producing office per capita – in The Point, and later opened a second office, in Portomaso, three years later. Together with his partners, he has now led one of the company’s top offices for several years.
- Sam Zammit started his career with RE/MAX as a part-time technical support employee in 2006. Since then, he has become a pillar within the organisation, and been instrumental in implementing new systems, while managing various marketing and technology projects. Today he holds the position of Chief Officer of Innovation and Technology.
- Peter Sullivan – who was previously a travel agent – joined RE/MAX in 2009, when he relocated his travel agency from Tower Road, and opened a RE/MAX office instead. Today Mr Sullivan and his team have become an intricate part of the network.
Emphasising the noteworthy achievements of all of the RE/MAX team members highlighted for a special award, Kevin Buttigieg said: “We believe that people should be recognised for their contributions. No one is an island, and the RE/MAX value underline the importance of collectively working together, just as these individuals have all done over the years.”